By Edward F. Goljan
Get the main out of your learn time...and event a practical USMLE simulation! quick overview Pathology, through Edward F. Goljan, MD, makes it effortless so you might grasp the entire pathology fabric lined at the USMLET Step 1 examination. It combines an outline-format evaluate of key recommendations with over four hundred hundred USMLE-style perform questions - on-line - that provide you with the entire perform you must succeed!
Outline structure: Concise, high-yield subject material is gifted in a study-friendly format.
High-yield margin notes: Key content material that's probably to seem at the examination is strengthened within the margin notes.
Visual components: Full-color pictures are applied to augment your learn and popularity of key pathology photos. considerable two-color schematics and precis tables increase your examine experience.
Two-color layout: coloured textual content and headings make learning extra effective and pleasing.
New! on-line research and checking out Tool
* 437 USMLE Step 1-type MCQs: Clinically orientated, multiple-choice questions that mimic the present USMLE layout, together with high-yield photographs and whole rationales for all resolution thoughts.
* on-line merits: New evaluate and checking out software brought through the USMLE seek advice platform, the main sensible USMLE overview product out there. on-line suggestions comprises effects analyzed to the subtopic point (discipline and organ system).
* attempt mode: Create a attempt from a random mixture of questions or by way of topic or key-phrase utilizing the timed attempt mode. USMLE seek advice simulates the particular test-taking adventure utilizing NBME's FRED interface, together with type and point of trouble of the questions and timing details. unique suggestions and research indicates your strengths and weaknesses and enables extra centred examine.
* perform mode: Create a try from randomized query units or via topic or key-phrase for a dynamic research consultation. The perform mode gains limitless makes an attempt at every one query, rapid suggestions, entire rationales for all solution ideas, and a close development report.
* on-line entry: on-line entry permits you to research from an internet-enabled machine at any place and at any time when it's handy. This entry is activated via registration on www.studentconsult.com with the pin code published contained in the entrance cover.
* complete on-line entry: you could entry the total textual content and illustrations of this e-book on www.studentconsult.com.
* loose content material: An interactive group middle with a wealth of extra helpful assets is available.
Read Online or Download Rapid Review Pathology (3rd Edition) PDF
Best pathology books
Written by way of a workforce of five well-respected and international well known renal pathologists, the basics of Renal Pathology will give you the common pathologist, pathology citizens and fellows in education, the renal pathologist, and the nephrologist and nephrology resident, with a compact and updated source at the fundamentals of renal pathology.
Molecular Pathology of Lung ailments, the 1st quantity within the Molecular Pathology Library sequence less than the sequence editorship of Philip T. Cagle, MD presents a bridge among scientific pulmonary pathology and uncomplicated molecular technology. it's designed to supply a realistic disease-based assessment that might be invaluable to pathologists, pulmonologists, thoracic surgeons and different well-being care companies attracted to lung ailment.
Extra info for Rapid Review Pathology (3rd Edition)
Corlicoslcroid effect in blood; 1 neutrophils; 1 lymphocytes and eosinophils T ESR; T fibrinogen, anemia 36 Rapid Review Pathology CRP; marker of necrosis and disease activily C. C-reiietive protein (CRP) 1. Acute-phase reactant 2. Clinical usefulness a. Sensitive indicatorof necrosis associated with acute inflammation • CRP is increased in inflammatory (disrupted) atherosclerotic plaques and hacterui infections. g.. rheumatoid arthritis) D. Sennn prolein electrophoresis (SPlv) in infliiinniiition (Fig.
Increase in scrum IgC 3. Table 2-4 summarizes cells involved in infiammation (Fig. 2-14A to D). TABLE 2-4. SUMMARY OF LEUKOCYTES CHARACTERISTICS Neulrophil (see Fig. 2-13) Key cell in acute inflammalion. Receptors for IgC and C^b: important in phagocytosis of opsonized bacteria. , acute myocardial infarction) Drugs inhibiting neutrophil adhesion molecules: corticosteroids, catecholamines, lithium Monocytes and macrophages (see Figs. , alveolar macrophages) Functions: phagocytosis, process antigen, enhance host immunologic response (secrele cylokines like IL-i, TNF) Causes of monocytosis: chronic inflammalion, auloimmune disease, malignancy B cells and T cells (see Figs.
B) Normal circulating pool is now part ofthe marginating pool, e. Fmdothclial cell adhesion molecules (1) Intercellular adhesion molecule (ICAM) and vascular eel! adhesion molecule (VCAM) bind to integrins on the surface of neutrophils. (2) ICAM and VCAM activation is mediated by interleukin 1 (IL-1) and tumor necrosis factor ( T N F ) . d. Leukocyte adhesion deficiency (LAID 11) Autosomal recessive disorders (2) LAD type 1 isa deficiency of C D 11 a:CI) IK, (3) LAD type 2 is a deficiency ofa selectin that binds neiilrophils.