By Jeff Younker
While you're trying to buy this ebook, and also you are within the yr 2010 or past, don't buy THIS ebook. Please proceed examining my evaluation under, besides the fact that, to appreciate why.
This publication is superseded because:
1. It has super targeted directions for utilizing eclipse (the IDE) with pydev, mylyn, and pydev-extensions. Eclipse has replaced much in view that this booklet used to be written, and the directions are not any longer exact. The pydev-extensions plugin does not truly exist anymore, it was once merged with pydev. this is complicated for brand spanking new clients attempting to get issues running.
2. The directions for buying buildbot working aren't any longer right. Buildbot has replaced a piece in addition, and the main points for deploy is diverse than it used to be.
3. It spends your time conversing approximately pMock, one among 2 python mock libraries, which hasn't been constructed for the reason that 2004 and is taken into account obsolete.
4. It spends it slow speaking approximately pyfit, which hasn't been labored on on account that 2006 and is additionally no longer quite often used.
Now, for my suggestions concerning the ebook itself:
I determined to provide this booklet a five celebrity evaluate since it is a superb book:
- the writer writes super good, and has a little bit humor during the book.
- the writer covers extensions why TDD is sweet, the way it is helping, and the way it may be used.
- the writer describes the differing kinds of checking out, and offers transparent, intuitive, and considerate examples that basically reveal *how to* do the testing.
- the writer covers super distinct setup / deploy / configuration of the instruments and improvement environments discussed.
The for the reason that i must no longer suggest any readers buy this publication notwithstanding, is that it truly is sorely short of an replace. I simply accomplished examining this booklet (August, 2010), and it's very transparent that it really is outmoded. This e-book may were super necessary years in the past, and perhaps additionally the 1st area of 2009, yet agile practices and instruments have replaced lots considering the fact that then that this ebook relatively should be rewritten.
My recommendation to readers who're contemplating buying this booklet is to take action provided that you're conscious of what you may be getting, yet wish to utilize the author's code examples, writing, and TDD motives whereas pushing aside the instruments used.
I particularly did get pleasure from studying this booklet, in spite of the fact that, and that i quite wish that Apress forces Jeff to unencumber a brand new replica.
Read Online or Download Foundations of Agile Python Development (Expert's Voice in Open Source) PDF
Similar python books
Django is the prime Python internet software improvement framework. the best way to leverage the Django internet framework to its complete power during this complicated educational and reference. recommended by means of Django, seasoned Django kind of selections up the place The Definitive advisor to Django left off and examines in larger element the weird and intricate difficulties that Python net program builders can face and the way to resolve them.
Gain hands-on adventure with HDF5 for storing medical facts in Python. This sensible consultant fast will get you in control at the information, top practices, and pitfalls of utilizing HDF5 to archive and percentage numerical datasets ranging in measurement from gigabytes to terabytes.
via real-world examples and functional workouts, you’ll discover themes reminiscent of medical datasets, hierarchically geared up teams, user-defined metadata, and interoperable records. Examples are acceptable for clients of either Python 2 and Python three. If you’re conversant in the fundamentals of Python info research, this can be a fantastic advent to HDF5.
• Get arrange with HDF5 instruments and create your first HDF5 dossier
• paintings with datasets by means of studying the HDF5 Dataset item
• comprehend complicated positive aspects like dataset chunking and compression
• how one can paintings with HDF5’s hierarchical constitution, utilizing teams
• Create self-describing documents by means of including metadata with HDF5 attributes
• reap the benefits of HDF5’s kind procedure to create interoperable documents
• exhibit relationships between facts with references, named varieties, and measurement scales
• realize how Python mechanisms for writing parallel code have interaction with HDF5
Jython is an open resource implementation of the high-level, dynamic, object-oriented scripting language Python seamlessly built-in with the Java platform. The predecessor to Jython, JPython, is qualified as a hundred% natural Java. Jython is freely on hand for either advertisement and noncommercial use and is shipped with resource code.
A practical begin to Computing with Python allows scholars to fast research computing with no need to take advantage of loops, variables, and item abstractions firstly. Requiring no earlier programming event, the ebook attracts on Python’s versatile info varieties and operations in addition to its means for outlining new capabilities.
Additional info for Foundations of Agile Python Development (Expert's Voice in Open Source)
From there, you can select Pydev ➤ Pydev Project. You should see the window shown in Figure 2-16. qxd 5/15/08 11:04 AM Page 33 CHAPTER 2 ■ THE IDE: ECLIPSING THE COMMAND LINE Figure 2-16. Starting a new project Enter agile in the “Project name” field. 5” from the list of project types. 1” option, Jython is a Java-based Python interpreter. ” should remain checked. Source folders are Eclipse directories that contain code. They are automatically added to the Python interpreter’s path. To do any development, you need at least one in your project, but it is possible to leave this box unchecked.
Think of the difficulty of maintaining someone else’s code when they are no longer around. What they could answer in seconds will take you minutes or hours to fathom out. Code bases are full of questionable constructs. Pairing serves to spread the explanations from person to person. In order to understand what one person is doing, the other has to ask these questions. Pairs are fluid. Programmers pair with different programmers every few days. This spreads the knowledge around. Knowledge spreads like a virus.
Some are strictly developer tasks, and others are often seen as part of release engineering. By now, you probably realize that many agile methods aren’t so alien. If you’re a professional developer, you’ve probably used several of them, quite possibly automated builds and unit tests. Much of what you will learn here can be taken back to work. If you decide to do that, then be careful. The word agile scares some people. Even though the techniques are hardly earth shattering in their novelty, the term has become a four-letter word in some places; it turns people off immediately.