By Ian Senior
Read Online or Download Corruption, the World's Big C: Cases, Causes, Consquences, Cures PDF
Best nonfiction_2 books
China and India already rank one of the world's biggest economies, and every is relocating swiftly in the direction of the centre degree of the worldwide economic climate. during this strategy diverse priorities were put on monetary reforms long ago decades--China taking a extra outward approach and India, till lately, a extra inward one.
This well-established, sensible guide supplies step by step suggestions at the review and therapy of geriatric illnesses and problems. This e-book covers prevalence of problems, diagnostic assessments, linked diagnoses, scientific implications for mobility, and rehabilitation suggestions. A vast assessment of the results of getting older on all physique structures, detailed geriatric concerns for laboratory evaluation, thermoregulations, and pharmacology also are mentioned.
- Ammonites: Ammon’s horns into Cephalopods
- Defense, Controls, and Inflation
- Eleventh futures forum on the ethical governance of pandemic influenza preparedness
- Prospects of Legal Semiotics
- Performance Evaluation and Benchmarking of Intelligent Systems
- Bitter Gold Hearts (Garrett, P.I., Bk. 2)
Extra info for Corruption, the World's Big C: Cases, Causes, Consquences, Cures
In 2001 the Gescartera brokerage house collapsed and its main shareholder, Antonio Camacho, was jailed after 7108 million (£75 million) of clients’ money went missing. He had used the money to pay for gifts and to buy jobs for staff at the Spanish stock market regulator, and pocketed the rest. One junior minister was forced to resign. Camacho served three years in prison. None of the 7108million has been paid back. Verdict: Camacho earns a bronze medal and the junior minister a silver medal. 5 million).
5. 72 media has been suppressed in France. The facts, however, echo the general concept held in France that if money is diverted to a political party rather than to an individual, this is not corruption. Under my definition it is corruption because the favour goes to a nominee of the corruptor, in this case the UMP party. No medal is awarded. President Jacques Chirac During his long career in politics Jacques Chirac has been implicated in various scandals, but for the time being he is out of reach of prosecutors because of presidential immunity.
Those who were being investigated, however, fought back by impugning the integrity and the political motivation of Di Pietro 85 corruption – the world’s big c Table 3 Italy: statistics for legal action against corruption, 2000 February 1992−March 2000* Committals for trial requested 3,246 People convicted by the preliminary judge 581 People acquitted by the preliminary judge (181 were acquitted because of expiry under a statute of limitations) 444 People still before the preliminary judge 370 People indicted 1,234 People convicted by the court 576 People acquitted by the court (of which 124 because of a statute of limitations) 220 People before the court 438 Source: UNDP case study of corruption† *The case study notes: ‘because of the difference between the legal system in Italy and other countries it is difficult to explain these different categories precisely’.