By Erik Westra
Create your personal subtle purposes to research and reveal geospatial details utilizing QGIS and Python
About This Book
- Make use of the geospatial services of QGIS inside of your Python programs
- Build entire standalone mapping purposes in accordance with QGIS and Python
- Use QGIS as a Python geospatial improvement environment
Who This e-book Is For
If you're an skilled Python developer who desires to create your individual geospatial purposes with minimal fuss, this is often the booklet for you. whereas a few familiarity with mapping purposes will be a bonus, no past wisdom of geospatial thoughts is needed. no matter if you might have by no means used QGIS earlier than, this publication will speedy get you as much as speed.
What you'll Learn
- Use the Python Console to discover and keep an eye on QGIS
- Perform geospatial improvement initiatives utilizing the PyQGIS Python library
- Create necessary geospatial purposes applied as QGIS Python plugins
- Use QGIS as a standalone geoprocessing library inside your Python programs
- Build complicated interactive map-based GUIs inside your personal Python programs
- Understand how Python scripting can be utilized to customise the QGIS system
- Utilize the real capability of Python and QGIS to create your personal entire mapping applications
QGIS is among the most suitable open resource Geographical details platforms. whereas constructing Python geospatial purposes will be hard, QGIS simplifies the method by way of combining the required geoprocessing libraries with a cosmopolitan consumer interface, all of which are at once managed utilizing Python code.
Starting with an advent to QGIS and the way to exploit the integrated QGIS Python Console, we'll train you the way to put in writing Python code that uses the geospatial services of QGIS. development in this, you are going to eventually tips on how to create your personal subtle standalone mapping purposes outfitted on most sensible of QGIS. you are going to use the Python Console as a window into the QGIS programming surroundings, after which use that atmosphere to create your personal Python scripts and plugins to customise QGIS. As your wisdom of the PyQGIS library grows, you'll use it to accomplish numerous real-world geospatial programming projects, culminating within the construction of your individual advanced standalone functions to load, learn, and show geospatial data.
Read or Download Building Mapping Applications with QGIS PDF
Similar python books
Django is the best Python net software improvement framework. find out how to leverage the Django internet framework to its complete strength during this complex educational and reference. recommended through Django, seasoned Django kind of choices up the place The Definitive advisor to Django left off and examines in higher element the bizarre and complicated difficulties that Python internet software builders can face and the way to unravel them.
Gain hands-on event with HDF5 for storing clinical info in Python. This sensible advisor quick will get you up to the mark at the info, top practices, and pitfalls of utilizing HDF5 to archive and proportion numerical datasets ranging in measurement from gigabytes to terabytes.
via real-world examples and sensible routines, you’ll discover themes similar to medical datasets, hierarchically prepared teams, user-defined metadata, and interoperable records. Examples are appropriate for clients of either Python 2 and Python three. If you’re accustomed to the fundamentals of Python facts research, this can be an excellent creation to HDF5.
• Get manage with HDF5 instruments and create your first HDF5 dossier
• paintings with datasets by way of studying the HDF5 Dataset item
• comprehend complicated beneficial properties like dataset chunking and compression
• the best way to paintings with HDF5’s hierarchical constitution, utilizing teams
• Create self-describing records by way of including metadata with HDF5 attributes
• reap the benefits of HDF5’s kind process to create interoperable records
• show relationships between information with references, named varieties, and measurement scales
• observe how Python mechanisms for writing parallel code have interaction with HDF5
Jython is an open resource implementation of the high-level, dynamic, object-oriented scripting language Python seamlessly built-in with the Java platform. The predecessor to Jython, JPython, is qualified as a hundred% natural Java. Jython is freely on hand for either advertisement and noncommercial use and is shipped with resource code.
A sensible begin to Computing with Python allows scholars to fast study computing with no need to exploit loops, variables, and item abstractions at the beginning. Requiring no earlier programming event, the booklet attracts on Python’s versatile info kinds and operations in addition to its skill for outlining new capabilities.
Additional resources for Building Mapping Applications with QGIS
Action) This allows the plugin to interact with and manipulate the QGIS user interface. The four methods defined by the ZoomToPoint class are all quite straightforward: • __init__(): This method initializes a new ZoomToPoint object. • initGui(): This method initializes the plugin's user interface, preparing it to be used. • unload(): This method removes the plugin from the QGIS user interface. • run(): This method is called when the plugin is activated, that is, when the user clicks on the plugin's icon in the toolbar, or selects the plugin from the Plugins menu.
We saw how to use the QGIS Python Console to directly manipulate the QGIS project, add layers, zoom in and out, change options, and so on. Next up, we downloaded and examined a QGIS Python plugin. qgis) within your home or user directory. A plugin makes use of the Qt library to define and build resources such as user interface templates. Finally, we saw how we can write external Python applications that load the PyQGIS libraries from within the QGIS system, and then use those libraries within a larger PyQt application.
Py module in your favorite text editor. As you can see, this contains the main Python code for the plugin, in the form of a ZoomToPoint class. iface = iface [ 17 ] Getting Started with QGIS def initGui(self): ... def unload(self): ... def run(self): ... py module, you'll see how this class is used to define the plugin's behavior: def classFactory(iface): from zoomtopoint import ZoomToPoint return ZoomToPoint(iface) When the plugin is loaded, a parameter named iface is passed to the ClassFactory function.